Tuesday 2 September 2014

Firefighters fear disciplinary action if they speak out

I have been told that serving firefighters in West Sussex are reluctant to comment, as they fear disciplinary action. This follows attacks on free speech by Chief Fire Officers in other areas, such as Hertfordshire where a firefighter was sacked for comments on a social media forum. 

I can well understand why West Sussex firefighters are fearful of expressing their opinions and of providing further facts on the true effects of the cuts. 

Any who do wish to air their views in confidence can contact me at tonyacmorris@yahoo.co.uk, and I will put them on here and on the Facebook page (West Sussex Fire & Rescue Stop the Cuts ). 

They will appear under my name and I will not reveal their identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment